What Cops Look for When Pulling Over a Driver for a Possible DUI in Los Angeles
You may be interested to know that many people arrested for DUI in Los Angeles were pulled over for non-DUI reasons! Perhaps you were speeding, but driving perfectly straight with no weaving whatsoever. Maybe you had a busted taillight and the officer pulled you over to issue you a citation. Maybe you weren't even driving, but had pulled over to the side of the road and the officer came upon you. None of these reasons, and many others, prove that you cannot drive with the characteristics of a sober person. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has produced a guide for detecting drunk drivers at night.
His support of my son, the sober coach, and myself made the whole process go smoothly and end up in the best possible way…
» Read More
If you are accused of Driving Drunk in California, call us at (800) 458-1488 immediately!
These are the 20 signs that officers look for when determining whether to investigate for DUI:
- Turning with wide radius;
- Straddling center of lane marker;
- Appearing to be drunk (based upon posture, gestures, etc.);
- Almost striking object or vehicle;
- Driving on other than designated roadway;
- Speed (more than 10 miles below legal limit);
- Stopping without cause in traffic lane;
- Following too closely;
- Tires on center or lane marker;
- Braking erratically;
- Driving into opposing or crossing traffic;
- Signaling inconsistent with driving actions;
- Slow response to traffic signals;
- Stopping inappropriately (other than in a lane);
- Turning abruptly or illegally;
- Accelerating or decelerating rapidly;
- Headlights off;
Get Help From Our Los Angeles DUI Lawyers!
If you were pulled over for a reason other than these top 20 clues, THIS IS POWERFUL IN THE HANDS OF AN AGGRESSIVE, KNOWLEDGEABLE LOS ANGELES DUI DEFENSE ATTORNEY. If you were only speeding, this is not necessarily DUI. If you were weaving, a good Los Angeles drunk driving defense attorney will try and straighten you out. Maybe you weaved while driving, but you pulled over to the side of the road perfectly. Maybe you weaved to avoid an object in the road, but then drove fine. Talk to the experienced CDI team which is experienced in defending these types of cases before you do anything else. Call (800) 458-1488 today.
If you have been charged with
a DUI in California,
The next move you
make is crucial
If you've been accused of a crime, but NOT formally charged yet, call us immediately.
LET US HELP PREVENT CHARGES FROM EVER BEING FILED.
CALL (800) 458-1488